Facial Reflexology is based on the same theory as traditional foot and hand reflexology, however facial reflexology focuses on Reflex (pressure) points on the face, which help stimulate the body’s healing mechanisms and help encourage the release of toxins from the body via the lymphatic system.
The face provides a beautiful and precise tool to read what is going on within the body’s internal organs, central nervous system and neuro-biological systems. The face’s close proximity to the brain and cranial nerves especially makes Facial reflexology very powerful in impacting the body systems.
Facial reflexology aims to help your entire body function at its optimal level with one side effect …. More radiant and glowing complexion which is an incredibly positive emotional benefit and over a series of treatments there may be a reduction in lines and wrinkles.
Benefits of Facial Reflexology
- Aims to relieve the effects of stress.
- Aims to improve circulation to the face and head area.
- Relieves tension in the muscle tissue.
- Relieves mental strain and improves concentration.
- Has a direct rejuvenating effect of the skin and leaves the face glowing and radiant.
- Helps relieve sinusitis/congestion.
- Can bring about a general feeling of calmness and relaxation.
- Improves lymphatic drainage aiding the removal of waste product and toxins.
- Allows the reflexologist to gain an understating, through reflexes out of balance, of what is going on within the body, by looking at the face and skin.